Advancing the kingdom by equipping disciples and building multicultural communities that bring spiritual, social and cultural renewal to those around us.
With Christ at our centre, leading transformed lives, loving God and our neighbour, reaching out to the city around us with a truth-indwelled love.
ACF STATEMENT OF FAITH
- The Bible is the uniquely true and authoritative Word of God. Written by human authors as inspired by the Holy Spirit, the Bible is Divine and sufficient revelation concerning the nature of God, humanity, salvation and Christian faith.
- There is only one God. He is the Creator and Lord of all. God is triune: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. These three are one in essence and equal in power and glory.
- The eternal Son of God became the man, Jesus Christ, the Messiah, who was born of a virgin. He was and is fully God and fully man. Jesus was sinless and was crucified and died as the sufficient sacrifice for the sins of the world. On the third day, he rose bodily from the dead. He ascended to heaven and is seated at the Father’s right hand making intercession for us. He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
- Humanity was created in God’s image for the purpose of communion with God. In disobedience to God, humanity lost this communion, becoming subject to sin and death. Humans retain the image of God, but are now sinful by nature. They fall short of God’s holiness, are incapable of keeping God’s law and are thus liable to God’s judgment and eternal punishment.
- Christ’s life, death and resurrection are the basis of salvation. In life, Christ revealed God’s redemptive love for humanity. In death, Christ took upon himself the punishment for humanity’s sin. In resurrection, Christ provided eternal life for all who believe upon him. Salvation is received by those born of the Holy Spirit in responding to Jesus in faith and repentance. This provides justification before God, adoption as God’s child and the gift of eternal life. Salvation is solely by God’s grace and through faith in Christ.
- The Holy Spirit glorifies Christ and works redemptively in those placing faith in Christ. The Spirit convicts of sin and regenerates and sanctifies the repentant. The Holy Spirit indwells all true believers, empowering them for obedience and service. The Spirit teaches, provides comfort and assurance and is the means whereby Christ is present in and to the Church. The Holy Spirit gives spiritual gifts to all Christians to help edify the Body and carry out its ministry.
- Jesus Christ established two ordinances for His Church: Water Baptism and the Lord’s Table. Baptism is a symbolic act representing the spiritual reality of cleansing of sin and new life in Christ. The Lord’s Table symbolizes the broken body and shed blood of Jesus and the covenant of grace provided by His death and resurrection.
- The Church consists of all people with saving faith in Jesus Christ. Christ is the head of the Church and works in and through the Church as His body. The Church exists to worship God and give Him glory, to share the good news of Jesus Christ with the world through word and action and to provide nurture, support and a source of accountability to believers. In submission to the authority of God’s Word and the leading of the Holy Spirit, each local church body is able to govern itself.
- Christ will come again in glory at the end of the age. No one knows the time of his return, and His people are therefore called to watch and be ready. At Christ’s return, the dead will be raised to life; those not in Christ to the judgment and condemnation of eternal separation from God; those in Christ to glorified perfection to rule and reign with Christ forever in the New Heaven and New Earth.